Tuesday, May 6, 2008

HiSeoul Festival

Photobucket



If you were in Seoul this past weekend, you would have found me, along with just about every expat in korea, at the HiSeoul Festival. What is it exactly, I can't tell you. All I know is that it happens four times a year (for every season) where there's just a bunch of performances (some free, others not) and parades. I went on both Saturday and Sunday, but I had the most fun on Sunday at the Lotus Lantern Festival/Buddhist festival. All my friends and I did was basically act like kids. We painted with our mouths, made paper lotus flowers and buddhist prayer bead necklaces, and ate this delish Indian lunch. It was unbelievably greasy (as if the servers dipped our food in oil before serving it to us) but none the less pleasing to my palate.

Photobucket

We made those flowers!!!


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket




My friends and I were practically celebrities that day, well not really. We kept on getting our pictures taken, but I think it was just because we were the minority.



Photobucket


I made this, yeah!

Photobucket


Traditional Dance

Photobucket


Coronation of King Sejong

Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


I used to eat this when I was little; for 100 won, the equivalent of 10 cents. Now it's 1000 won

Photobucket


I forget which parade this is.... The Afternoon lotus parade?

Photobucket




My feet couldn't make it to the lotus flower parade Sunday night(I had been walking all day), so when I got home, I just watched it on TV.

No comments: